“Sustainability is treating ourselves and our environment as if we are to live on this Earth forever” Aaron Wood, Australian environmental activist.
Global Sustain aims to make the Green Finance & Sustainable Investments Forum a responsible event by offsetting the CO2 and other greenhouse gases emitted, as a result of the Forum. This includes:
- Encouraging low carbon traveling and accommodation for its participants
- Environmental friendly heating and energy use options, throughout the venue
- Efficient paper use and decreasing printed materials.
Keeping in pace with the Environment and Climate Change, we do think about ways to maximize the benefits and minimize the impact of the Forum at the same time, in order to become the change we want to see in the world ourselves.
The key sustainability goals for the Green Finance & Sustainable Investments Forum are as follows…
- Use less than average energy at the Forum, benchmark with comparable size conferences
- Provision of tap water for drinking
- Produce less than average waste, benchmark with comparable size conferences
- Separate waste streams
- Promote use of public transport and bicycles
- Offset attendee travel to and from Conference
- Variety of speakers in terms of gender, geographic origin and sectors, and types of organisations
- Diverse participants in terms of gender, geographic origin and sectors, and types of organisations
- No discrimination
- Socially inclusive Forum
- Accessible Forum
- Ensure well-being and health and safety
- Address and solve complaints